Hi there OGOC members and general site readers alike!
Battlefield V has been released on all platforms for all users, that being said we have seen some heavy interest in this game.
We concurrently have 1 – 2 squads running on weekends, with that being said, we are always looking for more squad members to add to that!
“But I heard BFV was buggy, a pile of crap even!”
Well yes, to some degree it may be, however we are enjoying it immensely – that being said, we have found bugs here and there, but Dice are continually improving the game.
For example, before the game goes into “Tides Of War” mode, they have introduced a small patch that fixes some of the issues we are encountering.
“What is ‘Tides Of War'”?
Its a constant stream of new content being added to the game, much akin to the DLC model, however, it is again, more constant.
This is slated to start in December, on the 6th. Basically, Dice wants everyone to play the game through the stages it took in Europe, throughout the life of the game, maps will be added to this, as well as a story following the war and its path.
They are also adding the much meme’d, hated and fabled “Firestorm” mode, a Battle Royale mode for squads to work in! Something OGOC will definitely look into when it is released.
“What about standard Game Modes?”
As per usual, there is Conquest, A mode that is in all Battlefields. Capture the points, hold them to win!
Breakthrough, much akin to Rush, start with two points to defend/capture, attackers have limited tickets.
Airborne, A mix of new and old, Attackers have limited tickets and must destroy objectives, they start by air dropping in until they secure a sector.
Grand Operations, A mix of all three of those game modes, in sequence with examples of the battles that may have played out in World War Two.
(Keep in mind, this is a very rough description based on what I remember as close examples of game modes from previous Battlefields!)
“What makes this different to BF1?”
A few key things,
Building: You can now fortify buildings, points, everything nearly, even though it is ‘limited’, it can change the flow of a battlefield drastically!
No more 3D Spotting: Yes, you can still spot, however the spotting is restricted to certain classes/roles, and the spotting generally doesn’t follow people.
It’s World War Two!
The vehicles are better balanced: This means tanks are easier to take out, more team oriented and hard to play, the planes are easier to play, however they are still weak, in general (Most maps have many build-able Flak Emplacements)
Weapon trees/specialization trees: Each piece of kit (main weapons, vehicles, etc) has a tree that you can customize to your play style!
Character Customization: You can make your soldiers look their part, or look kind’a goofy, it’s up to you!
“I want to try before I buy though!”
The game can be quite cheap to try, there are several options.
If you have Origin Premiere friends, they can give you a 10 hour trial code if you sign up for it (just remember to un-subscribe if you don’t want to be charged). Alternatively, you can also sign up for Origin Premiere (an option a lot of us chose) – It is around $100.00 – $120.00 a year, or $15.00 a month! So if you really wanted, you could buy a $15.00 sub and cancel it if you don’t like the game.
With the subscription you also get access to all of the games available in the vault on origin, this is around 130 games! Well worth the money!
You can also buy the game outright, they are promising a ‘no DLC’ model, where everything will be added so the community doesn’t get split between DLCs!
For those already playing, they have released a new patch —
Patch notes are found here,
or below, a quick summary:
- Fixed an issue that could result in a very uneven number of players at the start of a round.
- Made improvements to matchmaking with a full squad which should result in less disconnects.
- In some cases, the revive functionality would suddenly stop to function for all of the players on a server. This has now been fixed.
- Further improvements to game client stability have been made.
- In the Airborne game mode, spawn protection has been added when attackers spawn into planes. The planes are no longer as vulnerable to AA fire as they used to be at longer distances.
- Fixed an issue in Airborne where the bomb carriers could finish arming the objective even though they were dead.
- Players can no longer shoot down airplanes too quickly in Airborne, which could result in the attackers not being able to spawn.
- In War Stories, players are no longer able to collect Letters while playing offline due to them not being able to update the persistence counters, which requires an online connection.
- Fixed an issue where a weapon would disappear on the weapon selection screen.
- Fixed an issue in Frontlines mode on Devastation where the bomb in some rare cases spawned inside a wall.
- Fixed an issue which made the menus unusable when cancelling a matchmaking session.
- Fixed an issue with the lens sight alignment on the MP34 weapon.
So I invite you guys to join us as we venture back into World War 2 with Battlefield V!